Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Edale and Chapel en le Frith

These 2 places in Derbyshire were the next farms that we lived on. At Edale I remember a big carthorse and us playing in the barn, and getting told off for doing it! My Mum used to clean for the Lady of the farm and she had nice plush carpets and an electric vacuum cleaner! Nothing like that in our cottage, things were pretty basic for us. We didn't go very often with Mum when she cleaned, but it was like a palace to me, when I did go. One time the lady had lost a ring, a fine piece of jewelry, and we spent days looking for it. We did find it in the end, but I can't remember where now. My brother Keith, was born while we were living here.

At Chapel en le Frith, I had my 4th birthday. Dad had left farming and was working in a local quarry, to better himself and get more money. I have a lot more memories of this place and will go into detail of my time there another day! I will probably edit some of these earlier posts as I remember things. I have edited the last one already! I will chat to my brothers and sister and the memories will come flooding back, no doubt.......

No comments: